Terms and Privacy
Kairos Media Limited Tournament Official Rules and Tournament Announcement
Kairos Media Limited Tournament
Tournament: Infinity Race(the “Tournament”).
Tournament Entry Period and Tournament Dates: Eligible participants may enter the Tournament by following the instructions below from 02/02/2022 at 10am PST (the “Entry Period”).
The Tournament will commence on or after 1pm PST on 02/04/2022 (the “Tournament Start Date”) and will end at 1pm PST on 02/04/2022 (the “Tournament End Date”, and together with the Tournament Start Date, the “Tournament Dates”).
How to Enter: Visit https://infinityrace.gg/, click Enter Now. Once you’ve created an account, you can enter the tournament.
Tournament Format/Winning: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mMJd_HStYeCUFvCJl3tJ78erQ27BZB4SfgvTPKkQciY/edit#heading=h.j6c5jl8r98rr.
Prizes: $10,000 (“Prize”). The Prize has an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $10,000. [A maximum of 3 Prizes will be awarded.] [Limit one prize per person.] The prize pool breakdown is as follows: 1st: $6,500, 2nd $2,500, 3rd place $1,000.
Tournament Operator: Kairos Media Limited (“Tournament Operator”) is the sole organizer and operator of this Tournament. The Tournament is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with EA, Respawn Entertainment, or Twitter.
Game Publisher: EA (the “Game Publisher”).
Any terms not defined in this Tournament Announcement have the definition given to them in the Official Rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mMJd_HStYeCUFvCJl3tJ78erQ27BZB4SfgvTPKkQciY/edit#heading=h.j6c5jl8r98rr.
Kairos Media Limited Tournament
Please read these Official Rules (“Official Rules”) before entering a Kairos Media Limited Tournament
Any terms not defined in these Official Rules have the definition given to them in the applicable Tournament Announcement.
By participating in any Kairos Media Limited Tournament (“Tournament”), you (“You” or “Participant”) agree to follow and be bound by these Official Rules. In the event of any inconsistency with all other Tournament-related materials, these Official Rules will govern.
Kairos Media Limited (“Tournament Operator”) is the sole organizer of this Tournament. [The Tournament is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter, Twitch, EA or Respawn Entertainment.
- DESCRIPTION: Tournament Operator is conducting contests (each a “Tournament”). For each Tournament, Tournament Operator will provide the details and requirements for entry in an entry announcement (“Tournament Announcement”). Participants must follow the directions in the Tournament Announcement and in accordance with these Official Rules to be eligible for any prize awarded in connection with a Tournament. Tournament Operator’s method of timekeeping is the official time clock for a Tournament and is final and undisputable.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter, Participants must: (a) be at least the older of (i) 16 years of age or (ii) the age of majority in their jurisdiction as of the first day of the Entry Period; and (b) be the owner of a valid email address. The Tournament is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Employees or contractors of Tournament Operator, the Game Publisher (as defined below) their affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies (collectively "Tournament Parties"), and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household are not eligible to enter the Tournament. In the case of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized holder of the applicable e-mail address used for entry. Automated entries are prohibited, and use of any automated devices in connection with the Tournament will result in disqualification. If a Participant fails to meet the eligibility conditions set out in clause 4, the Tournament Operator shall have the right to refuse their entry in the Tournament and/or immediately disqualify the offending Participant from the Tournament.
- HOW TO ENTER: Eligible Participants may enter by:
- To become a Participant, an individual must first register and sign up to the Tournament platform here https://infinityrace.gg/, enter his or her region, and submit all requested details (including name, email and username).
- Individuals will then receive notification by email as to whether their application to participate in the Tournament has been accepted or rejected by the Tournament Operator.
- RESTRICTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS. Internet access and a valid email address are required to enter. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON (NOTE: PERSONS WITH MULTIPLE EMAIL ACCOUNTS MAY ONLY ENTER ONCE). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar entry method or entering more than the number of times permitted will void all entries and result in disqualification. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. Only Participants with fully completed entries submitted during the Entry Period and received by Tournament Operator are eligible to participate and win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, and late entries will be void and ineligible to participate or win. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Tournament Operator. For an Entry to be valid, Participant must provide a valid email address for which the Participant is the account holder, as per the instructions in this Section 5. For purposes of these Official Rules, the “account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential Winning Participants and/or Winning Participants (as those terms are defined below) may be required to show proof of being the account holder. Any Entries connected to an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address, or linked to an account holder other than Participant, are void and ineligible to participate or win. Tournament Operator is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, or for other submission problems of any kind, whether caused mechanical, human or electronic, all of which are void and ineligible to participate or win. Additionally, Tournament Operator is not responsible for any telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties. Tournament Parties will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect entries; an entrant's failure to receive prize notices or other communications from Tournament Operator due to entrant's spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for entrants' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this promotion; damaged or defective prizes; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries or in connection with any other aspect of the Tournament; error, delay or other issues with respect to the Tournament Platform (as defined below) or the shipping of prizes; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the Tournament Announcement or any advertisement for a Tournament, administration of the Tournament, or announcement of the prizes (collectively “Error” or “Errors”). If, in the Tournament Operator's opinion, Tournament Operator detects an Error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the promotion, or if technical difficulties (including viruses and bugs) compromise the integrity of the promotion, Tournament Operator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Tournament in a manner deemed appropriate by the Tournament Operator. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially Winning Participant, Winning Participants will be declared made by the name associated with the Winning Participant’s email account. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
- PRIZES AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: The Prize(s) associated with this Tournament are as listed on the Tournament Announcement. Limit one prize per family or household. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by Winning Participants. All prizes are non-transferable. Tournament Operator shall solely determine the specifics of all elements of all Prize (including timing for fulfillment of Prize and travel and accommodation options). In the unlikely event that all or a portion of the Prize should become unavailable for any reason, Tournament Operator reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal value in Tournament Operator’s sole and absolute discretion. Winning Participants are responsible for ensuring they timely and fully accept the Prize at the specified Prize location(s) and within the specified Prize fulfillment period as determined, and communicated to Winning Participants, by Tournament Operator.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, Prizes, and each element thereof, are awarded as is, without any representations or warranties, and cannot be transferred, sold, substituted, or redeemed for cash by Winning Participants. Tournament Operator reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in Tournament Operator’s sole discretion. Prizes may be subject to availability restrictions in certain jurisdictions based on applicable legal restrictions. In such circumstances, the Winning Participants may be required to take a cash alternative instead. If a Potential Winning Participant is disqualified for any reason, Tournament Operator will award the Prize to the runner-up in the applicable Match.
In order to receive their Prize, Winning Participants must cooperate with Tournament Operator by providing all information and documents requested by the Tournament Operator which may include without limitation, completing and returning an IRS W-9 Form and an Affidavit of Eligibility. The Prize will be given to the Winning Participants within 30 days of Tournament Operator’s receipt of all requested documents and information from the Winning Participants. In the event that a Winning Participant fails to provide the requested documents and information to the Tournament Operator within fourteen (14) days of request, the Winning Participant shall waive its right to the Prize. The Tournament Operator reserves the right to withhold delivery of the Prize to a Winning Participant if there are ongoing disciplinary issues with such Winning Participant, including without limitation in respect of eligibility, behavior and integrity.
Winning Participants may elect to refuse acceptance of the Prize, in which case the Prize will be considered forfeited by such Winning Participants and they will not be entitled to any alternate Prize or other compensation of any kind. Winning Participants are solely responsible for all taxes, costs, and fees associated with Prize receipt, ownership, and/or use.
- TOURNAMENT FORMAT:
- The Tournament will begin on the Tournament Start Date and end on the Tournament End Date.
- The specific format of the Tournament is described in the applicable Tournament Announcement.
- In respect of each match forming a part of the Tournament (each a “Match”), every Participant will receive a notification from a Tournament administrator with details of his or her allocated opponent, instructions for adding the opponent on the Tournament platform, and a time period during which the relevant Match must be completed. Matches cannot be postponed or rescheduled to another date or time unless determined by the Tournament Operator in its sole discretion for any reason.
- BEHAVIOUR AND STANDARDS: Throughout the Tournament, each Participant must:
- using vulgar, racist, sexist, insulting or otherwise offensive behaviour, comments or language;
- purposefully losing a Match for any reason;
- refusing to follow the instructions of an Admin;
- showing dissent by words or actions towards any other Participant;
- using insulting language and/or gestures towards any other Participant;
- committing unsporting behaviour;
- misleading or ‘duping’ any Admin;
- comply with the Official Rules, in letter and in spirit;
- accept and comply with all decisions of any individual or entity who or which is authorised by the Tournament Operator to administrate the Tournament in accordance with the Official Rules (each an “Admin” and collectively the “Administration”) and the Tournament Operator;
- treat other Participants, the Administration and the Tournament Operator with the utmost respect and behave in good faith in all matters relating to the Tournament;
- use respectful language when communicating with Administrators and other Participants;
- not at any time make any comments, statements or remarks by whatever means (including online) or engage in any conduct which damages or adversely impacts the goodwill, image, commercial interests or reputation of the Tournament;
- compete to the best of his or her ability and try his or her utmost to win each and every Match at each and every stage of the Tournament; and
- seek to resolve all disputes or differences in connection with the Tournament without recourse to law.
- The following behaviour is strictly forbidden:
- any behaviour deemed inappropriate by an Admin, including but not limited to extremist statements, threat of violence, sexual harassment, stalking, severe insults, pornographic references or hate speech.
- Each Participant acknowledges the right for the Administration to edit Participants’ names if names are deemed unfit for display (at the Administration’s sole discretion).
- INTEGRITY: CHEATING, MATCH FIXING AND BETTING: All forms of cheating are strictly forbidden. Cheating is the creating (or attempting to create) an unfair playing field or gaining an unfair advantage over other Participants by any means contrary to the Official Rules of the Tournament or the spirit of gaming or esports and traditional sporting endeavor. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall include any unauthorized use of any third-party tools without the prior consent of the Administration.
- Participants are not allowed to accept from, or offer to, any person or entity (whether they are Participants or otherwise) any bribes/gifts/rewards of any nature in relation to seeking to influence the outcome, result of, conduct of, a Match or the Tournament.
- Participants are under a strict obligation to immediately report to the Administration any approach, or any offer of a bribe/gift/ reward made to them, or any other Participant, related to seeking to influence the outcome, result, or conduct of a Match or the Tournament. Failure to do so will be considered a breach of these Official Rules and will in itself result in sanctions being imposed.
- the result of a particular Match or the Tournament itself; and
- any events in the progress of a Match or the Tournament itself.
- Match-fixing: All forms of match-fixing are strictly forbidden. Match fixing is the arranging or influencing (or attempting to arrange or influence) in advance the outcome of a Match, or events within the Tournament, usually for the purpose of making money, often from betting.
- Betting: Participants are not allowed to place any bet on any Match in the Tournament, or in relation to the Tournament in any context. Participants are prohibited from asking, or instructing, any person, or entity, to place any bet referred to in this Rule. This Rule includes all bets relating to, but not limited to, the following:
- General: It is the responsibility of every Participant to comply with this clause 9. Any Participant who breaches these Official Rules will be subject to a range of sanctions including, but not limited to, those set out in clause 10 below. Any sanctions imposed by the Administration in respect of a breach of this clause 9 shall be in addition to any criminal sanction that may ultimately be imposed.
- disqualification from the Tournament;
- disqualification from future tournaments and competitions run by the Administration and/or the Tournament Operator; and/or
- being ineligible to receive the Prize.
- The Administration (and any panel or body appointed by the Administration to deal with disciplinary matters) shall have a general and overarching jurisdiction to take disciplinary action against any Participant in relation to all allegations of foul or unfair play during a Match, and all allegations of misconduct, either in-Match or unrelated to a Match or the Tournament, which may constitute a breach of the laws and spirit of competitive esports and gaming, and/or the Official Rules and/or which may bring the Administration or the Tournament into disrepute.
- In the event that a Participant is found by the Administration to be in breach of these Official Rules, the Administration shall have the right to impose a range of sanctions against the offending Participant, acting in its sole discretion. Such sanctions may include, without limitation:
- The Administration shall impose sanctions which it believes to be reasonable and proportionate in the circumstances. All sanctions imposed by the Administration (or any panel or body appointed by the Administration to deal with disciplinary matters) under this clause 10 shall be final and non-appealable.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Each Participant hereby grants the Tournament Operator, the Game Publisher and the Administration an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, unlimited, royalty-free, fully paid up, perpetual right and licence to use the Participant’s Image and any photographic, video or audio-visual content containing the Participant’s Image in connection with the Tournament and the promotion of, and publication of content relating to, the Tournament in any and all media, including the right to use the Participant’s actual or simulated likeness and to record the Participant’s voice, and to take and reproduce photographic images of the Participant and his performances. For the purposes of these Official Rules, the “Participant’s Image” shall mean the Participant’s name, nickname, avatar, alias, image, photograph, film, likeness, autograph, initials, graphical or animated representation, endorsement or association, voice, performances, personal characteristics and other personal identification.
- Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Tournament Operator and the Game Publisher have the right to photograph, record, publish, broadcast, stream, disseminate, telecast, transmit, air, distribute, or otherwise exploit, in any manner whatsoever and in any and all media whether now known or hereinafter invented, all or any part of the Tournament and any services provided by, or image, representation or voice communications of, a Participant howsoever arising in respect of or connected to the Tournament.
- Each Participant hereby waives, and agrees not to assert or support, any claim in respect of any moral or other equivalent rights (if any) to which it is or may become entitled to in any territory of the world in relation to the rights granted in this Clause 11.
- DATA PROTECTION: By participating in the Tournament, each Participant hereby consents to the Tournament Operator:
- processing their personal data;
- disclosing their personal data to the Tournament Operator’s affiliates;
- disclosing their personal data to third parties for the purposes of running and operating the Tournament;
- using their name in promotional materials or marketing activity in connection with the Tournament; and
- transferring their personal data outside of the European Economic Area in connection with the Tournament.
- LIABILITY RELEASE: PARTICIPANT, ON BEHALF OF THEMSELVES AND THEIR ASSIGNS, HEIRS, DEVISEES, AND ESTATE (COLLECTIVELY, “SUCCESSORS”), HEREBY UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASES, DISCHARGES, AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE: (i) TOURNAMENT OPERATOR, (ii) THE GAME PUBLISHER, (iii) THE ADMINISTRATION, AND (iv) ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM, IF ANY, THAT TOURNAMENT OPERATOR USES TO PROMOTE OR ADMINISTER THE PROMOTION OR ELEMENTS THEREOF, OR (iii) ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES, ALONG WITH EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, AND CONTRACTORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, COSTS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, EXPENSES, AND LIABILITIES (UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE (WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE, OR IMPUTED), STRICT LIABILITY, PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER THEORY) RELATING TO ANY CLAIM PARTICIPANT MAY NOW OR HEREAFTER HAVE WITH RESPECT TO ANY DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PECUNIARY LOSS OR OTHER LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, OR EXPENSE (COLLECTIVELY, “HARM”) THAT MAY BE SUFFERED BY PARTICIPANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, THE PRIZE, AND ANY USE BY TOURNAMENT OPERATOR OF PARTICIPANT’S NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS, PHYSICAL ADDRESS OR OTHER DATA PROVIDED TO TOURNAMENT OPERATOR OR THE ADMINISTRATION BY PARTICIPANT, EVEN IF SUCH HARM IS CAUSED SOLELY BY THE RECKLESSNESS, NEGLIGENCE OR FAULT OF ONE OR MORE RELEASED PARTIES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED CLAIMS”). EACH PARTY HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LEGAL PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS RELEASE OR ANY OF THE RELEASED CLAIMS. If Participant is a California resident or could otherwise claim the protections of California law, Participant further expressly waives the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which reads as follows: “A general release does not extend to the claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release which, if known by him, must have materially affected is settlement with the debtor.” PARTICIPANT SPECIFICALLY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT THIS RELEASE WILL PREVENT PARTICIPANT AND THEIR SUCCESSORS FROM BRINGING A LAWSUIT OR OTHER ACTION AGAINST ANY RELEASED PARTY AND FROM RECOVERING MONEY DAMAGES OR OTHER LEGAL RELIEF FROM ANY RELEASED PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE CLAIMS RELEASED ABOVE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- APPLICATION OF THE RULES
- The Official Rules are for the benefit of all Tournament stakeholders, including the Participants. The purpose of these Official Rules is to protect and maintain the integrity and competitive balance of the Tournament, and to set out the minimum standards to be expected of all Participants.
- The Official Rules shall apply to, and be binding upon, all Participants. By participating in the Tournament, all Participants expressly and unconditionally agree to comply with, and be bound by, the Official Rules (as amended by the Tournament Operator from time to time) and any other rules, policies or codes of conduct introduced, and brought to his or her attention, by the Administration.
- The Official Rules and any other rules or regulations imposed by the Tournament Operator in relation to the Tournament may be amended by the Tournament Operator from time to time and any such amendments shall be automatically binding upon the Participants.
- If any provision of the Official Rules is deemed void or unenforceable in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the remainder of the Official Rules. If a provision of the Official Rules is found to be void or unenforceable, the provision shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it valid and enforceable.
- In addition to these Official Rules, all Participants shall at all times comply with the terms and conditions of the Game Publisher.
- ADMINISTRATION RESPONSIBILITIES: The Administration shall be responsible for the administration, operation and hosting of the Tournament.
- The Administration shall also be responsible for making decisions and judgment calls on Match play and all Tournament related issues. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- starting and closing each Match;
- monitoring the Participants’ behaviour;
- issuing appropriate in-Match sanctions; and
- making decisions on Match and Tournament related issues.
- Any decisions made by the Administration in respect of the Tournament shall be final and binding on all Participants.
- The Administration shall at all times conduct itself in an appropriate, professional and impartial manner, as befitting the Tournament, and shall not show prejudice towards any particular Participant.
- All communication between Participants and the Administration in connection with the Tournament shall be at all times in English. The Administration may only be contacted via Discord unless directed otherwise (in order to help Admins to coordinate as a team and ensure issues are dealt with and resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible). Any other form of communication may be ignored.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM: Participant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to a Tournament, a Tournament Announcement or these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof. Participant further agrees that any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this promotion and these Official Rules will be brought exclusively in the English Courts. The Tournament Operator and all Participants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in order to resolve any disputes.
- Any phrase introduced by the terms “including”, “include”, “in particular”, “for example” or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words preceding those terms.
- Words and expressions importing natural persons include any individual, body corporate, unincorporated body, government, government department, agency and any municipal, local, statutory or other authority.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa, and words importing a gender includes other genders.
- A reference to a clause, paragraph or schedule is a reference to a clause or paragraph of or schedule to these Official Rules.
- TOURNAMENT OPERATOR CONTACT INFORMATION:
Kairos Media Limited
9 Appold St